When you import records from multiple accounts, ZenLedger usually matches up the two sides of a self-transfer. In general, it will identify a self-transfer based on the AMOUNT and TIME (outgoing occurs before incoming).
When the sides are not matched, it could cause a few errors such as:
- Sell Without Buy
- Overstated Sales
- Incorrect Holdings
How to Manually Mark Self-Transfer
- Find one of the transactions in the pair (either the "buy" or the "sell").
- Select the circular green arrow symbol to the far right of that transaction line.
- Mark it first as Incoming (or Outgoing, whichever is appropriate)
- Then select the circular green arrow again, and mark it as Self-Transfer.
- In the pop-up window Possible Outgoing section, select the grey bubble to the left to create the match.
- If there are no Possible Outgoing suggestions, choose Create Manual (Matching Transaction Not Found). Manually enter the matching transaction.